Healthy Low-Point Snack Ideas for Weight Watchers
Are you on the Weight Watchers plan and wondering about your options for low-Point snacks? You’re not alone.
Too often dieters don’t stick with their weight loss program because they either don’t know what to eat, or they get “bored” with their food. One of the easiest mistakes to make is when it comes to menu planning. Dieters plan their meals, but neglect to plan for snacking. Know this, you will snack! Plan ahead for low Point snacking and you will be more successful on Weight Watchers. (Carb-counters can check our list of low-carb snack ideas.)
If you don’t know which snacks are healthy, you’re more likely to skip eating and then binge later — either because of deprivation or just plain hunger. Snacking is an important part of any diet. It not only helps you stay satisfied between meals, but it keeps your energy levels and blood sugar stable so you’ll feel better and be able to concentrate throughout the day.
People that are following Weight Watchers have hundreds of low Point snack ideas to choose from! Here are some of my favorites:
Plan Ahead For Low-Point Snacking
One of the easiest mistakes to make is when it comes to menu planning. Dieters plan their meals, but neglect to plan for snacking. Know this, you will snack! Plan ahead for low Point snacking and you will be more successful on Weight Watchers.
Here is a short list of 1 Point snacks ideas:
- Cookies; many small cookies count as 1 Point each, so 3 cookies equal 3 Points
- Fruit Juice bars, without sugar
- Fruit flavored gelatin mix, sugar free
- Pudding, fat free, sugar free
- Pumpkin seed, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds (one serving of each)
- Pecans or pine nuts (one serving of each)
- 5 saltine crackers
- Rice Cakes
Also, popcorn that is air-popped or 95% fat free microwave popcorn is only 1 Point for 5 cups. Now that’s a great and filling snack. Sprinkle some garlic powder over it for added flavor and zing, with no added points.
More Low Point Snack Ideas
- Another great snack idea is reduced fat graham crackers (8 small) with fat free cream cheese (1/4 cup) for a total of 3 points.
- Grab a piece of fruit for 1 or 2 Points: apples, oranges, cranberries, cherries, and strawberries are just some suggestions. Dip in Marzetti chocolate fruit dip for just another 2 points. Makes a yummy treat!
- Several pudding snacks and gelatin snacks are 2 Points each and are great for satisfying that chocolate craving or sweet tooth.
- For those who crave salty over sweet, some great choices are: 1 serving of corn tortilla chips with fat free salsa for 3 points; a serving of pretzels for 3 points; a serving of cashews or peanuts for 4 points (crunchy and filling); or 6 saltines with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter for 4 points.
- One tablespoon of peanut butter is 2 points, and when you dip in your favorite fruits such as an apple, pear or banana you have a healthy, filling snack for a total of 3 or 4 points.
When you use your imagination, there are lots of tasty, healthy low Point snack ideas you can come up with on Weight Watchers. You no longer have to feel deprived or like you’re missing out on something.
More health articles about: Tips & Tricks, Weight Loss —