Detoxing Your Body with Raw Food
When you think of doing a detox or a cleanse, your immediate thought is probably along the lines of drinking some weird concoction to help rid your body of nasty toxins that have built up over the years. But, did you know you can also detoxify your body with raw food?
There are some common guidelines to follow when detoxing with raw food diet.
First of all, the day before you actually begin or sooner, start eliminating caffeine, alcohol, sugar and other stimulants, including non-detox specified herbal supplements. Begin taking calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium, iron and sulfur. This will give you a head start on your detoxification.
You obviously need to pay special attention to what you eat when following a raw food diet to detox your body. Here are some gentle guidelines.
Raw Foods to Eat During a Body Detox
Pack in as many raw vegetables, fruits, vegetable and fruit juices, and quality fish products, raw nuts such as almonds and walnuts, and seeds as possible. If you have a juicer you can turn just about any fruit or vegetable into a juice or a variety of different juices. Also be sure to drink plenty of purified water during the detox process.
What to avoid during a Raw Food Detox
You never want to eat raw eggs, beef or poultry. You should also avoid foods with sugar in them like cake, soda and candy. Stay away from artificial sweeteners as well.
Body Detox Super Foods
In addition to the raw foods mentioned above, there are some other super foods you might want to consider adding to your raw food detox plan. Most of these can be found at your local health food store.
- Wheatgrass contains the most vitamins and minerals needed for human consumption. It is a natural detoxifier and eliminates body and breath odors.
- Bee Pollen contains every single nutrient you need to live. It?s a natural energizer, slows down the aging process and lowers cholesterol.
- Tibetan Goji Berries are extremely rich in anti-oxidants, are an excellent source of Vitamin C and soluble fiber. They are a powerful anti-fungal and anti-bacterial food and have been used to treat eye problems, allergies, liver problems, diabetes and more.
- Hemp seed has the perfect balance of Omega 3 and 6. It?s easy to absorb and used to fight against cancer.
- Maca is known for its amazing health benefits including energy boosting, increasing libido and fertility in both men and women. Maca does not work instantly, but eaten over time, you will receive the full benefits, including good blood pressure and a boost to your immunity system.
More health articles about: Detox Your Body, Natural Health, Super Foods —